Lakewood Mission Values
Mission Statement: The Mission of Lakewood Christian Church is to spread the redemptive love of Christ to our community and our world.
Values in carrying out our Mission:
- At Lakewood, to love the Lord with all your heart, with all your mind, and with all your soul and to love your neighbor as yourself are the most important commandments and all other issues/questions are secondary to this. (Matthew 22:37)
- At Lakewood, we believe that the most effective way to show our love to our “neighbors” is to accept them as they are by sharing the love of Jesus, serving them without reservation, and seeking nothing in return. (Matthew 7:1-6; Luke 6:27-38)
- At Lakewood, we welcome everyone to come as they are to worship our God with us. (John 12:32; Luke 7:36-50)
- At Lakewood, all members are encouraged to serve in ministry and service in a manner consistent with God’s Holy Word.
- At Lakewood, church leaders will equip members for service. (Ephesians 4:12)
- At Lakewood, we believe in the redemptive power of Christ to change all of our lives. (Romans 12:1-2)
- At Lakewood, we believe in the redemptive power of Christ to change the world. (Revelation 21:5)
- At Lakewood, through the leading of the Holy Spirit we join Christ in His redemptive work. (James 2:17)
- At Lakewood, we acknowledge that there are differing beliefs and preferences. Such differences among Christians are called non essentials to Christianity. We believe that, as Christians, we are called to show love to others regardless of differing preferences and opinions.
- At Lakewood, we believe that all Christians are called to unity that comes through obedience to the leading and work of the Holy Spirit.